Personal data protection
- The Ministry makes personal data protection a top priority and makes every effort to protect your data. The following data are collected:
- Registration and identification (first and last names, work email). These data are saved using a hashing algorithm that makes any identification impossible in the database.
- Usage-related data:
- Data on how the platform works;
- Data on how you use the competencenumerique.ca platform.
- Data on your use of the platform may be used to make improvements to the site. Consequently, anyone using the platform agrees for their anonymised usage data to be utilized in one of the following cases:
- Processing data to make ongoing improvements to the platform;
- Processing data for statistical purposes;
- Processing to improve the functioning and security of the platform.
The Ministry undertakes to protect the privacy of all users of the platform. It ensures that your personal data are retained in a confidential manner pursuant to the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (Chapter III).
Duration of consent
Inactive accounts are deleted after 24 months. Users can then choose to reactivate their account by opening a new one.
Authorization for children under 14
Authorization by a guardian, tutor or teacher is required for users under the age of 14.
Are you under 14 years old? Ask one of your parents, tutors or teachers if you can create an account.